Listen to our SEO marketing episodes:
- 006 Luke Carthy explains Technical SEO 101
- 007 How to target Long Tail Keywords with your Category Pages with Kristina Azarenko
- 008 Everything you need to know about Dynamic Rendering with Geoff Atkinson
- 009 Free Google Shopping traffic (and Buy on Google news) with Justin Seibert
- 049 Taking Competitor Analysis beyond Benchmarking with Diana Richardson from SEMRush
- 050 Perfecting your faceted navigation with Luke Carthy
- 051 Shifting our thinking from Keywords to Entities with Dixon Jones from inLinks.net
- 052 Blue Ocean Blogging Strategy with Adam Bastock
- 053 How to use SEO to beat all those new competitors! with Nick Truman from Spec Digital
- 097 Discover the top Link Building Strategy for eCommerce in 2022 with Brandon Leibowitz
- 098 Protecting and repairing your Online Reputation with Justin Seibert
- 099 Why you should fix your CRO before you work on your SEO with Luke Carthy
Watch our 2022 Expert Q&A session here:
including Exclusive news about Shopify’s SEO plans – very cool SEO plans…
- Brandon Leibowitz
Get your Free SEO Gifts from Brandon here
- Justin Seibert, DOM
Sign up for Justin’s bi-weekly newsletter today
- Luke Carthy
Sign up for Luke’s free eCommerce CRO & SEO newsletter here
SEO Questions / Topics discussed:
- What factors should a business owner take into account when deciding how much to invest in SEO vs. Google Ads?
- Yoast is now available on Shopify – any thoughts?
- if you could suggest a free SEO course or video tutorials please?
- Exclusive update from Shopify about new SEO tools
- What are the factors that will change e-commerce the most dramatically in the near to medium term?
- There are a lot of people out there who claim they can help businesses improve their SEO, what questions should we ask to pre-qualify these experts and are there any red flags that people should look out for?
Watch our 2021 SEO Webinar:
- Adam Bastock – Claim your FREE mini SEO Audit
- Luke Carthy – Book your FREE Discovery Call
- Diana Richardson, SEM Rush – Get started at www.semrush.com
- Nick Truman – Find out more at Spec Digital
- The company who made the bespoke plugin Nick mentioned – OnState
- Keywords everywhere plugin for google
- Google Keyword Planner
Questions / topics discussed:
- 6:40 – What are we calling the massive google update?
- 12:35 – Have there been any horror stories of people being massively denigrated in the listings of Google Core Web Vitals since it was rolled out?
- 16:13 – What have you (Adam) been working with to help the smaller businesses adapt to the changes?
- 24:58 – What tips would you have for someone who is just starting out in SEO, should you just focus on publishing as much relevant content as consistently as possible?
- 38:40 – In a bid to get our website to load faster, should we be putting the video on youtube and embedding it into our website or should we be investing in a higher spec video program?
- 46:21 – Is SEM Rush the best tool for keyword research for beginners?
Watch our 2020 eCommerce SEO webinar:
SEO: What should be on your to-do list right now?
- Luke Carthy
Subscribe to his free Webinar series “Let’s Talk Shop” lukecarthy.com
- Geoff Atkinson, Huckabuy
Claim 2 months free of the beta version of their new Page Speed product, go to huckabuy.com/seo-software/page-speed/ and mention ‘Keep Optimising’ to the rep
- Justin Seibert, Direct Online Marketing
Join DOM’s Black Friday is Closed webinar on 17th September to get a playbook for dominating 2020’s holiday season: https://www.directom.com/blackfriday/
- 5:36 – What could we do to improve our SEO performance as we go into the holiday season and its peak?
- 6:54 – Would you leave those pages on or would you turn them off and turn them back on?
- 10:10 – Why the leaking of deals, can we say there was going to be an amazing deal in that product? (rephrased)
- 11:05 – Should we be considering being Black Friday jewelry or electronics Black Friday even in that URL? Should we go a bit longer tail with our target?
- 12:25 – Are there any important SEO tactics we should be avoiding or any SEO errors we should be avoiding at all costs as we go into Christmas? Things we definitely shouldn’t be doing.
- 17:54 – How often should we review our category page content to account for changes in search behaviour?
- 23:23 – Where does SEO fit in the first year of an eCommerce business?
- 32:27 – Between SEO and Google ads, do you find businesses struggling with how much do I spend in each, balancing acts?
- 35:48 – The blurring we have between PR, Influencer marketing, and SEO link building. You could actually use them interchangeably and it makes life easier for retailers if they realize this. What do you think about this? (rephrased)
- 39:22 – How can eCommerce businesses start prepping for voice search and should we be doing so now?
- 43:40 – Is there a magic number for the meta keywords that you put on a page? Also when talking about the yearly promos, would it be good as well to have those in the meta keyword all year round?
- 49:08 – Is there somewhere you recommend people to go to get their 101 guides to Structured data and what it entails?
- 51:21 – Are there any pages which you would routinely keep spiders out of, keep the search engines out of on eCommerce sites, or would you just let them go everywhere?
- 53:04 – Who is the owner within the organization that is overseeing the SEO? ( A follow-up question asked by Justin Seibert)
- 53:57 – Where does the SEO live in the organization? (Asked by Justin Seibert)