Subscribe to Keep Optimising on your favourite Podcast App
Listen to our SEO Experts on the Podcast:
Luke started his eCommerce career client side, then after being invited to speak at MozCon 2019 (oh yes!) he decided to go at it alone. He now spends his days helping his clients deliver sustainable eCommerce growth with SEO and CRO.
Justin is the President of Direct Online Marketing, a top 200 Premier Google Partner who have clients around the world.. Justin and his team have been helping clients with their SEO marketing for well over a decade.
Brandon got his first SEO job WAY BACK in 2007! Building the SEO power for a new eCommerce site with over 10,000 SKUs. Soon after that, he founded his agency “SEO Optimizers” where they are all about… Getting More Sales From Google Using SEO so you can Stop Spending Money On Ads.
Nick’s been improving search performance, and driving sales for over 600 clients, including many retailers for over a decade. We’ve been friends for a few years now and I love how Nick always comes at SEO from a non-SEO perspective! AND he’s the host of the Winning with Shopify Podcast.
Adam is an eCommerce specialist who has been involved in all sorts of eCommerce over the last 10 years – from running his own Etsy store, to being the marketing-person at a series of eCommerce brands. He now focusing in on SEO and helping Shopify and WooCommerce retailers to hit their first £1m.
Dixon’s career as an SEO specialist stretches right back to 1999 when he founded one of the UK’s first SEO agencies (still going strong today). Many in the SEO world know him best as Marketing Director at the awesome SEO tool Majestic… But for the last 12 months his primary focus is on inLinks.net, where […]
Luke Carthy is a well-known eCommerce CRO and SEO specialist, and founder of start-up eCommerce company, Afro Drops.
Diana is the Social Media and Community Manager for the SEO Unit at SEMRush – which means shes pends every day helping site owners improve their SEO performance. She’s been both helping others and doing digital marketing herself–including managing SEO since 2006!
Justin is the President of Direct Online Marketing, a top 200 Premier Google Partner who have clients around the world. Justin’s been named on the Hanapin Marketing “Top 25 Most Influential Pay Per Click Advertising Expert” list three years running, so he knows plenty about the paid side of Google Shopping – and he been […]
SEO expert Geoff Atkinson is an ex retailer and founder and CEO of Huckabuy — an SEO company dedicated to aligning with Google initiatives for optimal SEO results.
Kristina Azarenko is an SEO consultant who focuses on delivering results, for one eCommerce client she achieved a sales increase of 5400% in just a few months. She’s globally respected SEO – whizz who has been featured on pretty much all the key SEO sites and conferences – so we had to have her on […]
Luke Carthy started his SEO career client side, then after being invited to speak at MozCon 2019 (oh yes!) he decided to go it alone. He now spends his days helping his clients deliver sustainable eCommerce growth with SEO and CRO. One of the areas he regularly sees making big changes to performance is getting […]
Watch our 2022 Expert Q&A session here:
including Exclusive news about Shopify’s SEO plans – very cool SEO plans…
- Brandon Leibowitz
Get your Free SEO Gifts from Brandon here
- Justin Seibert, DOM
Sign up for Justin’s bi-weekly newsletter today
- Luke Carthy
Sign up for Luke’s free eCommerce CRO & SEO newsletter here
SEO Questions / Topics discussed:
- What factors should a business owner take into account when deciding how much to invest in SEO vs. Google Ads?
- Yoast is now available on Shopify – any thoughts?
- if you could suggest a free SEO course or video tutorials please?
- Exclusive update from Shopify about new SEO tools
- What are the factors that will change e-commerce the most dramatically in the near to medium term?
- There are a lot of people out there who claim they can help businesses improve their SEO, what questions should we ask to pre-qualify these experts and are there any red flags that people should look out for?
Watch our 2021 SEO Webinar:
- Adam Bastock – Claim your FREE mini SEO Audit
- Luke Carthy – Book your FREE Discovery Call
- Diana Richardson, SEM Rush – Get started at www.semrush.com
- Nick Truman – Find out more at Spec Digital
- The company who made the bespoke plugin Nick mentioned – OnState
- Keywords everywhere plugin for google
- Google Keyword Planner
Questions / topics discussed:
- 6:40 – What are we calling the massive google update?
- 12:35 – Have there been any horror stories of people being massively denigrated in the listings of Google Core Web Vitals since it was rolled out?
- 16:13 – What have you (Adam) been working with to help the smaller businesses adapt to the changes?
- 24:58 – What tips would you have for someone who is just starting out in SEO, should you just focus on publishing as much relevant content as consistently as possible?
- 38:40 – In a bid to get our website to load faster, should we be putting the video on youtube and embedding it into our website or should we be investing in a higher spec video program?
- 46:21 – Is SEM Rush the best tool for keyword research for beginners?
Watch our 2020 eCommerce SEO webinar:
SEO: What should be on your to-do list right now?
- Luke Carthy
Subscribe to his free Webinar series “Let’s Talk Shop” lukecarthy.com
- Geoff Atkinson, Huckabuy
Claim 2 months free of the beta version of their new Page Speed product, go to huckabuy.com/seo-software/page-speed/ and mention ‘Keep Optimising’ to the rep
- Justin Seibert, Direct Online Marketing
Join DOM’s Black Friday is Closed webinar on 17th September to get a playbook for dominating 2020’s holiday season: https://www.directom.com/blackfriday/
- 5:36 – What could we do to improve our SEO performance as we go into the holiday season and its peak?
- 6:54 – Would you leave those pages on or would you turn them off and turn them back on?
- 10:10 – Why the leaking of deals, can we say there was going to be an amazing deal in that product? (rephrased)
- 11:05 – Should we be considering being Black Friday jewelry or electronics Black Friday even in that URL? Should we go a bit longer tail with our target?
- 12:25 – Are there any important SEO tactics we should be avoiding or any SEO errors we should be avoiding at all costs as we go into Christmas? Things we definitely shouldn’t be doing.
- 17:54 – How often should we review our category page content to account for changes in search behaviour?
- 23:23 – Where does SEO fit in the first year of an eCommerce business?
- 32:27 – Between SEO and Google ads, do you find businesses struggling with how much do I spend in each, balancing acts?
- 35:48 – The blurring we have between PR, Influencer marketing, and SEO link building. You could actually use them interchangeably and it makes life easier for retailers if they realize this. What do you think about this? (rephrased)
- 39:22 – How can eCommerce businesses start prepping for voice search and should we be doing so now?
- 43:40 – Is there a magic number for the meta keywords that you put on a page? Also when talking about the yearly promos, would it be good as well to have those in the meta keyword all year round?
- 49:08 – Is there somewhere you recommend people to go to get their 101 guides to Structured data and what it entails?
- 51:21 – Are there any pages which you would routinely keep spiders out of, keep the search engines out of on eCommerce sites, or would you just let them go everywhere?
- 53:04 – Who is the owner within the organization that is overseeing the SEO? ( A follow-up question asked by Justin Seibert)
- 53:57 – Where does the SEO live in the organization? (Asked by Justin Seibert)