Email Marketing Expert Podcast Episodes
A solid Email Marketing strategy is the bedrock of your eCommerce marketing machine.
Your flows (or campaigns, or whatever you want to call the automated stuff!!) should be driving you sales from your list week in week out.
And your newsletters (or broadcasts, or whatever you call them) should be building a strong connection between your customers and your brand – as well as some lovely sales.
This should be your BEST ROI channel – that keeps the wolves from the door in the tough times, and drives brilliant revenue from your best customers in the awesome times.
Listen to our Email Marketing experts to discover the latest tactics to make email marketing sing for your brand.
Subscribe to Keep Optimising on your favourite Podcast App
Listen to our Email Marketing Experts on the Podcast:
Email Marketing: The 7 Pillars for Success in 2023 with Komal Helyer (episode 145)
Komal Helyer knows email marketing inside out from working to grow email marketing platforms for the last 15 years. She’s also a brand ambassador for the Women in Tech forum, and Chair of the Email Council at the DMA. Listen now for free: 1 Strategy From a more holistic perspective, be strategic with your email […]
Email Marketing: Stop the Weekly Newsletters with Emil Kristensen (episode 144)
Today we are joined by Emil Kristensen, who is CMO at eCommerce CRM system Drip. Before that he was CMO and co-founder at Sleeknote – so he’s been helping us all improve our email marketing for a decade! He talks about the current problem with email newsletters and an alternative plan that you can try […]
Email Marketing: The Key to Success with SMS with Kerri McDonald (episode 143)
Kerri McDonald co-founded her agency The Greenhouse in 2020 to help eCommerce brands improve their email and SMS channels. They’ve already helped over 30 brands to generate over $50m via email and SMS alone. Prior to founding The Greenhouse, she was Director of Marketing for a beauty brand where she grew eCommerce sales from $2m […]
Email Marketing: Lazy Email Marketing with Gabe Macaluso, Omnisend (episode 142)
For the second time on the show, we are joined by Gabe Gabe Macaluso, the Director of Customer Success at Omnisend. Prior to that, he was on the Bronto team at Netsuite – so Gabe’s got some serious eCommerce email pedigree! It was a refreshing conversation to hear Gabe unpack how to optimise your existing […]
Email Marketing: High Converting Flows for Luxury Brands with Hannah Spicer (episode 141)
Hannah Spicer has been helping luxury brands sell more online – especially with their email marketing since 2004, including roles at Harvey Nichols, Stella McCartney, De Beers, and Kurt Geiger. She now runs her own consultancy, Hannah Spicer Consulting, specialising in email marketing for an equally impressive list of luxury and fashion brands. Listen now […]
Customer Experience in your Email Marketing Automations with Greg Zakowicz from Omnisend (episode 123)
Greg Zakowicz is the eCommerce Expert at email and SMS marketing platform Omnisend. AND host of the Cart Insiders Podcast. Listen now for free: The Importance of Customer Intent When creating your automated messages, make sure you’re crafting those messages based on the intention of your customer. This way, you’re going to provide them with […]
Email Marketing: Customer-First Data for Customer Retention with Klaviyo’s Gemma Banks (episode 096)
Gemma Banks is the Senior Marketing Director for the EMEA and APAC at Klaviyo, and she’s been helping brands like you improve their eCommerce marketing since 2013! She really knows her email marketing eCommerce stuff! This episode is a simulcast (of sorts!) with our brand new eCommerce MasterPlan Virtual Summit that goes live today! 10 […]
Email Marketing: The Email Content Trends you need to know with Pure360’s Komal Helyer (episode 095)
Komal really knows her email marketing! She is the VP of Marketing at Email marketing platform Pure360, AND Chair of the DMA Email Marketing Council. She’s been in marketing for even longer than Chloe – always focused on helping clients find the best strategy and drive the best possible results. AND she’s just been named […]
Email Marketing: Using Pinterest to Grow your Email List with Laura Rike (episode 094)
Laura’s been helping business owners and marketers improve their Pinterest performance for over a decade! Sharing the best strategies, and how to make those strategies work time and time again for you. One of the latest areas she’s seeing success in is using Pinterest to grow your email list – and that’s what she’s here […]
Email Marketing: How to use Quizzes to increase your email list (and sales!) (episode 093)
Gen is the co-founder of Prehook, and host of the Cart Overflow podcast. He created Prehook to help Shopify merchants create amazing experiences through quizzes and product recommendations and in the process has become an expert in using quizzes to grow your email list.
Post-Cookie Marketing: Lifecycle Marketing Tips and Tricks with Josh Chin (episode 083)
Josh is the CEO of Chronos Agency and host of the eCommerce Profits Podcast. He’s all about scaling DTC brands with lifecycle marketing – across the email, SMS, and push marketing channels. Using lifecycle marketing Josh and his team drive an average revenue lift for their clients of 23%, and are generating 8-figures in monthly […]
Post-Cookie Marketing: Zero Party Data with Ben Parr from Octane AI (episode 080)
Ben is President and co-founder of Octane AI, the zero-party data marketing platform for eCommerce. He is also a best-selling author, a member of Forbes 30 under 30, and used to be editor-at-large for Mashable.
Email: Using your Email Segmentation to improve your Facebook Ad results with Kunle Campbell (episode 039)
Kunle is an eCommerce obsessive, an ‘outsourced CMO’ and advisor to a range of DTC product businesses. He’s been involved in eCommerce and online marketing since the early 2000s and is now best known at the host of the 2x eCommerce Podcast.
Email: The Latest List Growth Tips with Gabe Macaluso from Omnisend (episode 038)
Gabe is the Director of Customer Success at Omnisend, and prior to that he was on the Bronto team at Netsuite – so Gabe’s got some serious eCommerce email pedigree!
Email: Turn sign ups into buyers with the perfect Welcome Campaign with Val Geisler (episode 037)
At the time of recording, Val was the founder and Chief Email Optimizer at Fix My Churn and an email obsessive. By the time we put the episode live… Val’s become the Customer Evangelist at Klaviyo! Val’s been obsessed with helping eCommerce businesses improve their email marketing performance for over a decade.
Email: Perfect Post Purchase Campaigns with Jessica Totillo Coster (episode 036)
Jessica’s been in eCommerce for even longer than me! (that’s over 20 years) She’s owned and run her own multi-6 figure bricks and mortar boutique, spent 6 years running a 7-figure online store, and now she’s ‘the Klaviyo girl’ building out clever, effective, game-changing sequences for her happy clients.
Email: Kurt Elster explains the top automation flows that drive revenue (episode 005)
Kurt Elster’s been helping Shopify merchants uncover the hidden profits in their websites since 2011, and he’s also the host of The Unofficial Shopify Podcast.
Email: Kate Barrett “US vs UK Retailers: The State of Email Sign Ups” (episode 004)
Kate’s spent the last 13 years working directly on eCommerce email marketing programs. Via her agency eFocus Marketing she provides email marketing consultancy, management, and training courses for 100s of eCommerce businesses.
Email: Louise Read from Klaviyo explains how a DTC brand can make the most of email (episode 003)
Louise has been working in marketing for 9 years, creating and delivering marketing strategies that drive both growth and customer retention. Right now she’s putting those skills to use at Klaviyo
Email: Gavin Laugenie explains why Preference Centres will take you to the next level (episode 002)
Gavin Laugenie Head of Strategy and Insight from dotdigital, one of the leading email service providers in the world. Gavin has over 10 years experience helping business of all shapes and sizes build their email marketing programs to increase customer lifetime value, loyalty and ultimately return on investment
Email: Chad S White author of ‘Email Marketing Rules’ (episode 001)
Chad S. White is an email marketing expert and author of the best selling book: “Email Marketing Rules: Checklists, Frameworks, and 150 Best Practices for Business Success” which is currently in its third edition. By day, Chad is the head of research at Oracle’s CX Marketing Consulting. In 2018, Chad was named the Email Marketing […]
Email Marketing Masterclass proudly sponsored by:
Omnisend is a marketing automation tool trusted by over 80,000 eCommerce businesses worldwide.
Boost your sales with advanced features like behavioural segmentation, pre-made automation workflows, and multi-store support. Effortlessly create emails and web forms with Omnisend’s user-friendly builders, made specifically for eCommerce.
And if you ever need help, get your questions answered in under 3 minutes by an award-winning support team that’s available 24/7, even during busy dates like Black Friday and Christmas.
Right now, Omnisend is offering 30% OFF for three months just for Keep Optimising listeners.
Click here and start boosting your sales and building better customer relationships with Omnisend today.
Watch our 2023 Email Marketing Expert Q&A Webinar:
- Gabe Macaluso, Omnisend – You can get 30% off Omnisend for your first three months right now, but only when you click here
- Kerri McDonald, The Greenhouse – Upgrade your emails with the best Email & SMS partner for eCommerce brands
- Komal Helyer – Connect with Komal
- c8.47 What’s the most common email marketing challenge you’ve encountered in your experience? (thanks to Alex Stiehl for this one)
- c18.36 What are the best resources for improving our email marketing skill set?
- c31.30 Facebook Ads aren’t working, I’m hearing that everyone’s shifting budget to email – are they? And if so what are they working on?
- c42.00 Your final email marketing tip for great results in 2023?
Watch our 2022 Email Marketing Expert Q&A Webinar:
- Komal Helyer, Pure 360 –
Get a Demo Here
- Gen Furukawa from Prehook
Drive more revenue with a quiz right now — start your free trial today!
- How to use email to beat the squeeze on consumer spending and increased competition
- Why building trust and connection with your customers is super important – and how to do it!
- Lots of tips around quizzes, data capture, welcome campaigns, and post-purchases emails
- Where to start with your personalisation
- Why it’s so critical to focus in the right places
Watch our 2021 Email marketing Webinar:
- Jessica Totillo Coster, eCommerce Badassery
Book A Free Discovery Call at eCommerceMasterPlan.com/crew
- Gabe Macaluso, Omnisend
Start your free trial at omnisend.com/masterplan
- Kunle Campbell, 2x eCommerce
Find him at 2xeCommerce.com
- Corinne Watson, Postscript.io
Find out more at Postscript.io
- 7:58 – What’s the latest with the KLAVIYO update and what is the implication of the new changes?
- 10:08 – Is the general benchmark feature update really necessary?
- 16:18 – Is it advisable to be using one email address for business transactions and an entirely different one for marketing? (from names, and from email addresses)
- 23:37 – What is the top thing or key things you should be testing in an average eCommerce email marketing account right now?
- 31:04 – What would your advice be for anyone on Bronto right now? (the platform is being turned off in May 2022)
- 38:04 – How often should we email? Because so many brands get clingy in emailing way too much so what is the rule of thumb on the frequency?
- 44:46 – What’s the best way to measure the value of an email address?
- 52:13 – Why should we use Facebook ads to get subscribers on our email list?
Watch our 2020 email marketing webinar:
Email Marketing: What should be on your to-do list right now?
- Chad S White, author of bestseller “Email Marketing Rules”
- Gavin Laugenie, dotdigital
- Joe McCarthy, Klaviyo (unfortunately Louise Read can’t make it, but Joe is an excellent stand in!)
- Kate Barrett, author of bestseller “E-telligence: Email marketing isn’t dead, the way you’re using it is”
- Kurt Elster, Unofficial Shopify Podcast
- 6:57 – How can we best prepare ourselves for what may come in the next couple of months around Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas etc.?
- 14:19 – How do you deal with contest hunters who join your list when you do give aways?
- 17:15 – On managing inactive’s, would you go harsher with a contest generated list when you are managing the inactive’s than you would with a general list?
- 21:58 – What’s green Monday?
- 30:22 – Who’s got some advice for those who are struggling right now to get their sales coming in?
- 46:19 – What should be maybe the first thing we integrate with our email marketing?
- 53:51 – Email tips for the rest of this year.
Resources – all totally free:
Oracle’s Holiday Marketing Quarterly