Google Ads Expert Podcast Episodes
We’re kicking off 2023 with everything you need to know about how Google Ads is changing, and how you can make the most of those changes.
You’ve heard loads about the changes on Facebook Ads – but just as much has changed on Google Ads, and this is your easiest way to get up to speed.
We’ve covered all the key topics Audiences, Keywords, Ad types, Bidding Strategies and of course, Google Shopping Campaigns – for these latest updates listen to episodes 132 to 136.
Subscribe to Keep Optimising on your favourite Podcast App
Listen to our Google Ads Experts on the Podcast:
Google Ads Optimising Your Bidding Strategies with Jonny Hyams (episode 136)
Jonny Hyams is the head of client services at Digital Gearbox, driving sales and great ROAS for their clients across Google Ads and other channels. This is a bonus episode because we have so much to cover in Google Ads at the moment. In this special episode, we explore what affects everything on this topic… […]
Google Ads The Changes to Google Keywords Ads in 2023 with Imogen Collins (episode 135)
Imogen Collins is Head of Delivery at Genie Goals, an award-winning agency driving results for ambitious eCommerce brands like mamas and papas, Smythson, Karl Lagerfeld, and Biscuiteers. Imogen has been helping brands improve their search engine marketing since 2013! Listen now for free: Are Google keyword ads still relevant? Imogen says keyword ads are still […]
Google Ads 3 Ways to Improve Keywords ROAS with Audience Targeting (episode 134)
Nicki Eggie leads the Paid Advertising team at Reload Digital, Europe’s number 1 rated digital marketing agency for eComm and retail brands! Go team Reload!! Since 2009 the clients they’ve helped include everyone from Wrangler and L’Occitane to Emma Bridgewater and Harper Collins! Listen now for free: The Role of Audiences in Improving Your Google […]
Google Ads YouTube Ads, the time is now! With Charlotte Sheridan (episode 133)
Charlotte Sheridan is the founder of The Small Biz Expert a digital marketing agency based in London handling both Google and Facebook Ads. Listen now for free: Getting Into the World of Google Ads Prior to starting her own agency, The Small Biz Expert, Charlotte worked on Google Ads for a small business. She learned […]
Google Ads Google Shopping Campaigns in 2023 with Nick Trueman (episode 132)
Nick Trueman is the founder of Spec Digital, and host of the Winning with Shopify Podcast. He’s also a true Google Ads geek! Nick is sharing exactly what’s happening on Google Shopping Campaigns – and what you need to know to make them work for you this year. Including Performance Max, Standard Shopping Campaigns, SmartShopping, […]
Google Ads: Google Shopping Campaigns – what’s working now? (episode 092)
Becky runs my favourite Google Ads agency – Digital Gearbox. As well as doing great work for a number of eCommerce brands they also run our ads across Google, Facebook, and Reddit.
Google Ads: Keyword Search Campaigns – what’s working now? (episode 091)
Alex is head of marketing for PushON a full-service eCommerce agency specialising in Magento, SEO, and Paid Media, so he gets to work across a range of eCommerce brands every day. And he has over 10 years of experience driving eCommerce sales with Google Ads.
Google Ads: Bestselling author Andy Splichal talks “Make Each Click Count” (episode 090)
Andy is the author of the Make Each Click Count book series, host of the Make Each Click Count Podcast, founder of Make Each Click Count University, AND founder of True Online Presence. An online marketing strategist with over two decades of experience helping companies increase their online presence and profitable revenues. Andy’s just re-released […]
Google Ads: The Time for Automation is NOW! With Zeze Peters (episode 089)
Zeze is a ROCKET SCIENTIST – no really he is. But he’s spent most of his career working in digital and in 2017 founded Beam.City to simplify advertising, help businesses stop wasting money on un-optimised adverts, and save the time it takes to manage and optimise ad accounts. So if you’ve ever thought that running […]
Google Ads: Building the Ultimate Conversion Funnel with Laura Hogan (episode 088)
Laura comes highly recommended for her Google Ads skills by the CEO of the UK’s leading Shopify agencies Blend Commerce – thanks for the tip, Adam! Laura is the owner of Sweet Digital a fully remote digital marketing agency and has over a decade of Google Ads experience.
New Marketing: YouTube Ads for eCommerce – should you be testing them? (episode 061)
Shash is the founder of paid traffic agency Linx Digital. Via Linx he and his team have spent the last six years helping eCommerce brands find high ROI ad strategies. Pivoting from platform to platform, and strategy to strategy to find the best results.
Google Ads: Keyword Search Campaigns. How to maximise your performance with Justin Seibert (episode 048)
Justin is the President of Direct Online Marketing, a top 200 Premier Google Partner who have clients around the world. Justin’s been named on the Hanapin Marketing “Top 25 Most Influential Pay Per Click Advertising Expert” list three years running, so we’re very lucky to have him here sharing the latest tips and tricks for […]
Google Ads: Shopping Campaigns – the latest tactics for success with Richard Hill (episode 047)
In one way or another Richard’s been in digital marketing and eCommerce since 1999, working in a range of sectors, and helping retailers in a wide variety of ways. He’s now best known in the eCommerce space as the CEO & Founder of the eCommerce Marketing Agency eComOne.
Google Ads: Why you should try Display Ads and how to make it work with Becky Hopkin (episode 046)
Becky is the Owner & Managing Director of Digital Gearbox, a specialist pay-per-click agency originally founded and set up by none other than me! So yes, I know just how brilliant Becky is at Google Ads. Becky’s been in digital marketing and eCommerce for over a decade and has spent the last 8 of those […]
Google Ads: How to get started with Mike Rhodes author of the number 1 Google Ads book (episode 045)
Mike is the co-author of the world’s best-selling Google Ads book – “The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads”, now in it’s 6 the edition, and which if you don’t have it on the bookshelf, or on your kindle – you can’t really call yourself a Google Ads expert in my opinion… He’s also the CEO […]
Advertising: Google Shopping Campaign Tips with Mark Hammersley (episode 015)
Mark is one half of the awesome Hammersley Brothers, CMO of the award winning eCommerce growth specialists smart ebusiness and author of the excellent book ‘The Business Owner’s Guide to Google Shopping’. Which is exactly what he’s here to talk about today.
Do you want more from your paid ads campaigns this year?
Tired of disappointing results, low-to-no returns and exhausted by fruitless optimisation? If that sounds familiar It might be time to have a chat with my friends at Digital Gearbox. Masters in the art of pay-per-click marketing their expert team have helped transform businesses around the world with tried and tested strategies that actually get results.
Right now they’re offering a FREE one-on-one consultation, limited to 10 ambitious businesses looking to do great things in 2023.
Don’t delay, click here and let Digital Gearbox show you the true power of PPC today.
Watch our Google Ads Expert Q&A Webinar 2023
- Spec Digital, Nick Trueman – Check out Spec Digital
- The Small Biz Expert, Charlotte Sheridan – Learn more about The Small Biz Expert
- Reload Digital, Nicki Eggie – Check out Reload Digital
- Genie Goals, Imogen Collins – Free Paid Media Audit (contact, and quote “keep optimising”)
- Digital Gearbox, Jonny Hyams – FREE one-on-one Google Ads consultation Only 2 available!
08.27 What I question should we be asking a prospective Google Ads agency?
14.35 Performance Max – how do we get the most out of it?
20.07 My Performance Max campaigns are performing worse than Standard Shopping – what should I do?
23.54 How can I help my Agency create a great strategy for me?
28.00 Why are Google doing this? And what are the benefits?
35.00 What one thing should we be doing our Google Ads activity to improve ROI or Volume right now?
Join Chloe’s new Club here
Watch the replay of our 2022 Google Ads Expert Q&A Webinar
- Becky Hopkin, Digital Gearbox >> Find out more at https://digitalgearbox.co.uk/
- Zeze Peters, Beam.city >> Get a demo at www.beam.city/dna
- Laura Hogan, Sweet Digital >> Find out more at www.sweetdigital.co.uk/
- Andy Splichal, Make Each Click Count >> New book! “Make Each Click Count T.O.P. Guide To Success Using Google Ads” is available on Amazon or www.makeeachclickcount.com
- With the impending recession – what one thing would you do in a retailers Google Ads account?
- GA4 – what do we need to know / do?
- What’s your favourite Google Ads automation?
- Your Top Tip for Google Ads Q4 success preparation
Watch the replay of our Google Ads Expert Q&A Webinar:
- Becky Hopkin, Digital Gearbox
- Henry Gill, eComOne
- Justin Seibert, DOM
- Becky’s offering – Free PPC Consultation
- Justin’s offering – Let us audit your website’s SEO and digital ads for FREE!
- Henry’s offering – Free Webinar “Maximising Your Google Shopping Revenue the 80:20 for 2021”
- 5:53 – Do brand ads erode organic search, are we paying for something we could already access anyway?
- 9:22 – How do we stop brand terms from ending up in our other activity?
- 10:51 – Is there an argument for using RLSA to take a different brand ad approach in front of different audiences?
- 15:29 – Any tips for expanding campaigns across to non-English regions. How do we approach incoming sales from other countries with Google Ads?
- 22:00 – How do you get started with Google Ads?
- 27:27 – For a beginner, which of the bids is best to start with?
- 33:14 – Any tips to optimize Google Shopping Campaigns to reduce conversion costs?
- 45:30 – What are the absolute “No Brainers” you’ve got to get into a custom label?
- 49:04 – Are there any successful strategies with CSS usage in running accounts?