New Customer Acquisition vs Customer Retention: Which should be your number 1 focus to guarantee a great 2021?
Connect with our panelists:
- Becky Hopkin – Google Ads and Facebook Ads – Book a Free Consultation here
- Luke Carthy – CRO and SEO – Book a Free Discovery Call here
- Matt Edmundson – eCommerce Startup Coach – Find out more about Matt’s courses here
- Chloe Thomas – host of the eCommerce MasterPlan and Keep Optimising podcasts here
- The audience were 51.7% for Acquisition and 48.35 for Retention
- The panellists were on the same 50:50 split
- Our tips for Retention:
- Email marketing, it’s low cost, enables great connection, and awesome ROI – but do segment
- PPC remarketing – even if you don’t yet have the number to do it – get those pixels installed so you’re collecting data for later. And if you do have the data and have it live – now’s the time to get segmenting.
- Sell a great product with a great delivery experience – that’s where the second purchase starts.
- Our tips for Acquisition:
- Save marketing costs by giving customers who are looking for a voucher code alternatives to your affiliates (voucher code sites). Tips – set up a voucher code page, add a code to the checkout(!), bid on “brand name voucher code” with a Google Ad that includes a code.
- PPC!!! Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads (if you’re not sure where to start click the link to have a chat with Becky above)
- Go soft – help the customer, invest in content, help them on twitter and so forth.
Checkout the Keep Optimising Podcast
And our interviews with the panellists:
With Matt Edmundson:
With Luke Carthy:
- 006 SEO: Technical SEO 101
- 030 Marketing Foundations: Analytics. Getting the data you need to Keep Optimising
- And find out about his eCommerce Startup journey here
With Becky Hopkin:
- Episode on display marketing with Google Ads coming in a couple of weeks – so subscribe to make sure you don’t miss out!
With Chloe Thomas:
Sign up to our newsletter