New Customer Acquisition vs Customer Retention: Which should be your number 1 focus to guarantee a great 2021?
Connect with our panelists:
- Becky Hopkin – Google Ads and Facebook Ads – Book a Free Consultation here
- Luke Carthy – CRO and SEO – Book a Free Discovery Call here
- Matt Edmundson – eCommerce Startup Coach – Find out more about Matt’s courses here
- Chloe Thomas – host of the eCommerce MasterPlan and Keep Optimising podcasts here
- The audience were 51.7% for Acquisition and 48.35 for Retention
- The panellists were on the same 50:50 split
- Our tips for Retention:
- Email marketing, it’s low cost, enables great connection, and awesome ROI – but do segment
- PPC remarketing – even if you don’t yet have the number to do it – get those pixels installed so you’re collecting data for later. And if you do have the data and have it live – now’s the time to get segmenting.
- Sell a great product with a great delivery experience – that’s where the second purchase starts.
- Our tips for Acquisition:
- Save marketing costs by giving customers who are looking for a voucher code alternatives to your affiliates (voucher code sites). Tips – set up a voucher code page, add a code to the checkout(!), bid on “brand name voucher code” with a Google Ad that includes a code.
- PPC!!! Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads (if you’re not sure where to start click the link to have a chat with Becky above)
- Go soft – help the customer, invest in content, help them on twitter and so forth.
Checkout the Keep Optimising Podcast
Subscribe to Keep Optimising on your favourite Podcast App
And our interviews with the panellists:
With Matt Edmundson:
With Luke Carthy:
- 006 SEO: Technical SEO 101
- 030 Marketing Foundations: Analytics. Getting the data you need to Keep Optimising
- And find out about his eCommerce Startup journey here
With Becky Hopkin:
- Episode on display marketing with Google Ads coming in a couple of weeks – so subscribe to make sure you don’t miss out!
With Chloe Thomas: