In this episode we have everything you need to know to make this year’s Black Friday (and whole holiday season!) super successful for your business. Our 7 eCommerce experts share powerful advice that’s going to help you make this year’s end on a high for your business, despite all the crazy stuff that’s going on right now. Expect to listen to this one twice!
Listen now for free:
Subscribe to Keep Optimising on your favourite Podcast App
Chaya Oosterbroek from Yoast
- Have a single Black Friday page for your website with the same URL. This will help strengthen your content, marketing, link-building, and page ranking year after year.
Jessica Totillo Coster from eCommerce Badassery
- For those who are doing Black Friday sales, lean into your email marketing. Use October for list-building so you have more people you can sell your products to. And if you want to get a head start for next year, focus on building your email list during Q1 and Q2.
Arnaud Betourne of Nest Commerce
- Your creative is going to be one of the key factors that will help your brand stand out and cut through the noise. Constant testing throughout Q3 should be done to know what resonates with your audience, attracts their attention, and increases conversion.
- Visit Nest Commerce to improve your Ad campaigns
- Hear Arnaud’s colleague Ben’s episode about Facebook Ad Creative
- Arnaud on LinkedIn
Mark Hook of Brightpearl
- Make sure you’re ready to handle the increased orders, and that your retail operations, warehousing, inventory planning, customer service are in great shape even before Black Friday. Automate the order processing and shipping side of things to save you a lot of time and help you manage the demands of the event.
- Get Brightpearl’s latest report “The Festive Fix“
- Hear Mark’s colleague Sara sharing top eCommerce Growth tips on our sister show eCommerce MasterPlan
- Mark on LinkedIn
Jordan Owen from Mollie
- Focus on optimising your checkout experience because you don’t want your customers to abandon their carts for reasons such as not seeing their preferred payment method. Make the checkout process simple with as few steps as possible and lose the friction.
Monica Sharma-Patnekar of Business with Monica
- Be really intentional when you do Black Friday sales. It doesn’t have to be all about discounts and bundles; participate in a way that’s aligned to your brand values.
Burc Tanir from Prisync
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday can go beyond the dates they’re scheduled. You can optimise these events by picking out your own Black Friday / Cyber Monday dates, and offer discounts on those days when your competitors are not.
Klaviyo is a leading customer data and marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications.
The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 80,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.