Are marketplaces a marketing method or not?
Probably not a true marketing method – BUT can be a great way to increase awareness of your products, and find new customers (whether or not you ‘own’ them). So we think they’re worth a month on the show.
Listen to our Marketplaces episodes:
- 054 Why you should also be selling on Amazon and eBay with Chris Dawson from Tamebay
- 055 Why you should NOT also be selling on marketplaces with aisle 3’s Thomas J Vosper
- 056 How to use Amazon to 2x your DTC eCommerce Sales
- 057 FIVE things you must get right for a successful launch
Watch our Marketplaces Q&A Expert Webinar
- Chris Dawson, Tamebay >> Visit Tamebay Live for 35 hours of FREE marketplace educational content >>
- Thomas J Vosper, aisle 3 >> Catch Thomas’s TEDx talk about founding a startup here
- Jon Tilley, Zonguru >> Take the 13-day ZonGuru challenge for free here and tell the support team you’re a ‘Keep Optimising listener’
What we discussed:
- 8:17 – Is there any reason why someone shouldn’t sell on Marketplaces if they have got their own products and their own Shopify store?
- 14:34 – Is there any reason why someone with their own market brand might want to sell on Marketplaces?
- 24:34 – For a commodity product like iPhone accessories or product solutions like 3D printing, does it make more sense to jump into the very busy waters of the Marketplaces, or does it make more sense to go alone?
- 38:35 – If a seller has done the hard work of listing but has not launched at a maximum level, what would be your advice on how to have that listing turned around for improved growth and performance?
- 48:45 – Is Marketplaces a good way to test an overseas market population to ascertain the presence of a target audience for your products?