Are marketplaces a marketing method or not?
Probably not a true marketing method – BUT can be a great way to increase awareness of your products, and find new customers (whether or not you ‘own’ them). So we think they’re worth a month on the show.
Listen to our Marketplaces episodes:
Marketplaces: 5 Ways to Improve Your Amazon Product Pages Conversion Rate with Tom Baker (episode 117)
Tom Baker is the founder of FordeBaker Amazon Marketing Agency, who helps launch brands on Amazon and make them profitable. He’s taking us through how to craft the perfect Amazon product page, to maximise your sales by improving your Amazon conversion rate. Listen now for free: 1. Know What Makes Your Audience Tick Perform customer […]
Marketplaces: 3 Ways to Improve your Amazon Seller and Vendor Profits with Martin Heubel (episode 116)
Martin Heubel spent 4 years at Amazon managing various FMCG product categories, including working with vendors to expand the range and increase sales. On leaving Amazon in 2021 he founded his consultancy Consulterce to help B2C Household and CPG brands like Adidas, Hero Group, and AG Barr reliably increase their profits with Amazon. So who […]
Jesse Wragg lives deep in product data for marketplaces! As co-founder and Managing Director at eCommeleon he’s busy making the process of getting your product data ready much more automated. So you can distribute to multiple marketplaces globally much more easily. Listen now for free: About Jesse Wragg Jesse moved to Germany and the first […]
Q4 Updates: Perfecting your eCommerce Pricing Strategy with Burc Tanir, the eCommerce Pricing Guy (episode 112)
Burc Tanir is the CEO of Prisync, the competitor price tracking & dynamic pricing software. A.k.a The eCommerce Pricing guy! Burc Tanir and his company help 100s of eCommerce companies improve their profits with bulletproof pricing strategies that can be applied by any eCommerce company regardless of its size. Listen now for free: Getting Into […]
Lorna is the Marketplaces Engagement Manager at GS1 UK where she helps marketplaces and retailers to work well together. Previously, she has worked in house at big UK retailers Boohoo, Dune, and Mothercare running their marketplace sales. For the last 10 years, Lorna’s been working with and selling on many, many different marketplaces.
Jon is the co-founder and CEO at Zonguru, an all-in-one toolset for Amazon sellers. He’s been in online advertising and eCommerce for over 15 years. And for the last 6 years, he’s been focused on helping brands sell more products on Amazon, by getting deep into the data.
Thomas has been in the Marketplaces world since he started with Amazon in 2007. For the last four years he’s been getting deep into the world of product and price comparison, first at Pricesearcher, and now with his hugely successful startup Aisle 3 – where he and his team are creating “an online shopping time […]
Chris started out as an eBay seller, then founded the UK & Europe’s premier resource for marketplace news, tips, and advice – Tamebay.
AND checkout these two eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast episodes to hear from retailers who successfully balance marketplaces and their own website
- 333: Expanding to £4m a year via international marketplaces with Trevor Ginn from Hello Baby Direct
- 283: From zero to $1.5m in 2 years via DTC and FBA with Kevin Urrutia from Chester Travels
Watch our 2022 Marketplaces Q&A Expert Webinar:
- eCommeleon, Jesse Wragg
Quote “Keep Optimising” before 30 September to get 30% off your first 6 months’ account fees. https://ecommeleon.com
- Consulterce, Martin Heubel
Free White Paper “How to Profitably Navigate Amazon in Times of Inflation and Rising Costs” https://keepopt.com/consulterce
- FordeBaker, Tom Baker
Get a free consultation with Tom on anything to do with selling on Amazon via https://fordebaker.com
Questions / Topics:
- 7.07 First impressions of the new amazon brand tools announced at Amazon Accelerator Conference
- 12.15 Increasing Seller Central Fees – what should you do?
- 15.00 Sustainable marketplaces – where to list?
- 23.00 How to get started with marketplaces? (inc tips for your first listings on Amazon) – useful guide
- 33.00 Etsy Ads – should you?
- 34.00 Amazon Posts – what are they? Can you in the UK? What to do in the USA?
- 37.00 Build you own marketplace, or use someone else’s?
- 43.00 What percentage of your sales should come from marketplaces?
Watch our 2021 Marketplaces Q&A Expert Webinar
- Chris Dawson, Tamebay >> Visit Tamebay Live for 35 hours of FREE marketplace educational content >>
- Thomas J Vosper, aisle 3 >> Catch Thomas’s TEDx talk about founding a startup here
- Jon Tilley, Zonguru >> Take the 13-day ZonGuru challenge for free here and tell the support team you’re a ‘Keep Optimising listener’
What we discussed:
- 8:17 – Is there any reason why someone shouldn’t sell on Marketplaces if they have got their own products and their own Shopify store?
- 14:34 – Is there any reason why someone with their own market brand might want to sell on Marketplaces?
- 24:34 – For a commodity product like iPhone accessories or product solutions like 3D printing, does it make more sense to jump into the very busy waters of the Marketplaces, or does it make more sense to go alone?
- 38:35 – If a seller has done the hard work of listing but has not launched at a maximum level, what would be your advice on how to have that listing turned around for improved growth and performance?
- 48:45 – Is Marketplaces a good way to test an overseas market population to ascertain the presence of a target audience for your products?